66br-66br.com-66br casino

agente777 Trump Pauses Dozens of Federal Grants to Princeton

data de lançamento:2025-04-03 01:55    tempo visitado:192

The Trump administration moved this week to suspend dozens of federal grants to Princeton Universityagente777, the fourth Ivy League school that has seen its financial support from Washington reduced or explicitly threatened since March.

His debunked claims about Haitian migrants stealing and eating their neighbors’ pets in Springfield, Ohio, helped stir a firestorm over immigration in that community, which has dealt with bomb threats and evacuations after Mr. Trump made his comments.

Speaking in the battleground state of Pennsylvania, where Vice President Kamala Harris has a slight edge in recent polls, Mr. Trump bristled at the notion that his struggles with women voters could cost him the election and suggested that his tough talk about immigration and economic proposals would resonate with them.

Christopher L. Eisgruber, Princeton’s president,66br told the university community in an email late Tuesday morning that “several dozen” grants had been suspended.

“The full rationale for this action is not yet clear, but I want to be clear about the principles that will guide our response,” Mr. Eisgruber wrote. “Princeton University will comply with the law. We are committed to fighting antisemitism and all forms of discrimination, and we will cooperate with the government in combating antisemitism. Princeton will also vigorously defend academic freedom and the due process rights of this university.”

Mr. Eisgruber said that the university had been told on Monday and Tuesday that it was losing at least some research support from the Department of Defense, the Department of Energy and NASA. The university did not immediately announce the value of the affected grants.

The White House did not immediately comment, but the Trump administration has eagerly pursued elite universities in recent weeks.

The administration stripped Columbia University of $400 million in grants and contracts in March and later suspended about $175 million to the University of Pennsylvania. On Monday afternoon, the administration said it was reviewing approximately $9 billion in arrangements with Harvard University and its web of affiliates.

We are having trouble retrieving the article content.

Please enable JavaScript in your browser settings.

Thank you for your patience while we verify access. If you are in Reader mode please exit and log into your Times account, or subscribe for all of The Times.

Thank you for your patience while we verify access.

Already a subscriber? Log in.

nnnn1998

Want all of The Times? Subscribe.agente777